Story 1 – Full Video – Version 3 – https://vimeo.com/125395848
Based on feedback from the previous meeting I made some changes to Story 1 – Hirsutism.
I added in some kinetic typography below. I wanted a font that looked like handwriting but wasn’t all curly and childish. I had three different fonts in mind (below) but I went with ‘dandelion in the spring’.
I tried out the font with a black font and a dark green font. I didn’t like either they seemed too dark. I went with a dark brown as it is softer but still clearly visible. I animated one of the girls in the second scene. I had trouble trying to move her hand. When I edited the original in Illustrator it didn’t transfer over to it’s composition in After Effects. Instead of wasting time trying and trying I created the arm on it’s on composition and used the puppet tool to move it.
I tried using different types of brick walls for the scene, I didn’t like the result and prefered the original. I used a 3D tool to make the walls look slanted but that tool is the one that messed up my scene 2 last week so I took it out.
I had trouble with her legs when I wanted them to uncross and go straight and far apart in a victory stance. After many attempts with the puppet tool and the DUIK tool it just wasn’t working! So I made new legs that were straight and would further apart.
Her brows, eyes, lips, arms and legs move from their original position to their happy position. I am happy with this and I think it looks like something a young teenager would do (in the privacy of their room). I also made two more characters for the last scene, the brother and a filler character, let’s call him Jim.